Each team is required to have one volunteer to cover a 3 hr shift.
Use the Volunteer registration form to register your team’s volunteer.
If you’re not a part of the race but want to lend a hand – email us prior to signing up.
Volunteer meeting will take place at 11:15 am on Saturday June 27 following the rider meeting.
There are two stations for volunteers:
- a road crossing at Monashee Rd near the Firelight Lodge
- aid station located approx 1/2 way on course. Shuttling is available for the aid station volunteer position.
Volunteer duties include
- Ensure rider safety at road crossings: stop/slow vehicles to allow for safe passage.
- Provide support for riders if they are injured by calling emergency number, provide first aid if you have certification, get riders to safety.
- Provide mechanical assistance (if you are capable of helping)
- Provide food and beverages to riders on course (food will be supplied by organizers)
- Keep stoke at maximum levels
- Adding more cow bell